- Living Here
- City Services
The City of Coldwater is a town in southern Michigan. Established in 1861, the City is a thriving community centrally located between Detroit, Toledo, Fort Wayne, South Bend, and Kalamazoo. Known for its historic charm and up-and-coming atmosphere, the City annually hosts events such as Strawberry Fest, Apple Fest, and Winter Fest. The City of Coldwater is one of the fastest-growing communities in the State of Michigan and it prides itself on providing excellent service to its City residents, businesses, and guests.
On this page, you will find links to several City Services. These include Customer Service, the Department of Municipal Services, and the Neighborhood Services Department. We have also included a link to the Coldwater Board of Public Utilities (CBPU), since many City residents have CBPU electric, water & wastewater, telecommunication services, or garbage and recycling. If you have any questions, please call the Henry L. Brown Municipal Building (City Hall) at (517) 279-9501. Thank you!
- Recreation Department
- The Coldwater Recreation Department takes pride in offering a wide variety of quality leisure and recreational activities year-round. In addition to regular programs and activities, the Recreation Department hosts many city festivals and events (Strawberry Fest / Apple Fest / Winterfest). They have all the vendor information for these events.
- Department of Municipal Services (Street Department)
- The Department of Municipal Services is responsible for maintaining the city’s 60 miles of streets, including snow plowing, salting and repair work. They also oversee Brush / Leaf/ Yard-Waste pick-up within the City.
- Clerk (Election Information & Oak Grove Cemetery)
- The Clerk facilitates Official Meetings and Board / Commission Appointments; manages and preserves the official records of the City and assists the public in accessing public documents and information. In addition, it is also the duty of the City Clerk to administer elections and voter registration in accordance with State and Federal law. Furthermore, you can find information on Oak Grove Cemetery here.
- Neighborhood Services Department
- The Neighborhood Services Department handles all electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and building inspections for city property owners. They can answer any ordinance questions or residential complaints.
- Coldwater Board of Public Utilities
- The Coldwater Board of Public Utilities (CBPU) is your local public power provider. The CBPU offers Coldwater residents electric, water and wastewater, telecommunication services (Internet, Phone, & TV), and garbage and recycling.
- Customer Service
- Have a question? Call our Customer Service Department and someone would be happy to assist you. For City questions, call (517) 279 - 9501. For CBPU questions, call (517) 279-9531. Customer Service is open 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, M-F at One Grand St. Coldwater, MI 49036. The Customer Service Department handles utility bills and taxes.