- Your Government
- View & Pay Utility Bills and Taxes
View & Pay Utility Bills and Taxes
Payment Options and Programs
Coldwater residents and CBPU customers may send in their payments to City Hall in sealed envelopes. Please use the following addresses:
Tax Payments: City of Coldwater Treasurer, 1 Grand Street, Coldwater, MI 49036
Utility Bill Payments: CBPU Customer Service Department, 1 Grand Street, Coldwater, MI 49036
Pay in Person
The Customer Service Department is located in the Henry L. Brown Municipal Building, 1 Grand Street, and is available weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. to assist you.
The City of Coldwater and CBPU's drop box is located in the Parking Lot on the west side of City Hall and is open for use. Please place payments in sealed envelopes labeled their purpose.
Automatic Bill Pay*
Never worry about a late or missed utility bill payment again! AutoPay is a no-cost service that gives you the freedom of knowing that your utility bill is paid on the due date of your bill.
Enrolling is easy!
- Check the box on the front of your remittance statement.
- Sign and date the back
- Send in the payment with the bank account you would like to use
- When you see AUTOPAY in the payment line of your bill, you're all set!
Don't have a bill or remittance statement? No problem! Sign up here.
Online Bill Pay**
Make payments with your checking, debit, or credit card from the comfort of your home at your convenience!
Online CBPU Payments
View & Pay Your Utility Bill Online
Pay online using the link above or by calling the 24-hour payment line at 1-877-885-7968.
There are several ways to pay your utility bill, although some payment methods are better than others. Use your checking/savings account or debit card first, if you are able.
Here are some important things to remember:
- If possible, please use a checking/routing number to pay through PSN.
- Only residential customers (Rate A) may pay through PSN using a credit card.
- If your account is within two days of disconnection, we strongly advise you to contact the CBPU Customer Service Department with a confirmation or receipt number after making your payment online. This will help prevent any further disconnection process taken on your account.
If you are currently disconnected, you must call the CBPU Customer Service Department at 517-279-9531 with a confirmation or receipt number to verify the payment. Services will not automatically be restored when an account is paid online. Deposit and reconnect fees are required to restore service.
Online Tax Payment
View & Pay your property taxes online
Click the link above and follow the steps to pay your taxes successfully. If you would like to pay over the phone, call 1-855-798-1544.
Any questions regarding your property taxes can be directed to the finance department between the hours of 8:30 am-5:00 pm at 517-279-9501.
Equal Payment Plan***
CBPU offers an equal payment program for qualified customers enrolled in Automatic Bill Pay to help control monthly utility expenses. If you have at least a nine-month established history of usage and payments for a single service location, contact Customer Service to explore this option.
The CBPU Round-Up Program is a wonderful, affordable way to help families in our community who are in need. There are no administration fees used to support the program, and every dollar collected helps CBPU customers with electric, water, and sewer utility services.
Signing up and participating in the Round-Up Program is simple. Just tell us you'd like to start in the program, and your next utility bill will 'round' to the next highest dollar. For example, if your utility bill were $136.27, you would be billed $137, and your donation for that month would be 73 cents.
We encourage our customers to participate in this program. We estimate the average cost to a customer would be around $6. Of course, the most you could donate in a month would be 99 cents, and in an entire year would only be $11.88.
- How long does it take for my payment to post to my account?
- What do I do if I am having difficulty registering my profile or logging in to my account?
- I use the same password for everything, why won't this site won’t accept it?
- Can I use a debit card?
- If I make a payment online after being disconnected for nonpayment, will my services be automatically turned back on?
- Why can't I view the attachment with my billing statement?
- Why does my December electric bill seem as high as my summer electric bill even though I should be using less since I am not running my air conditioning?
*CBPU reserves the right to terminate automatic bill pay for any and all parties who do not comply with the terms of the ACH agreement. Any account with two returned electronic funds transfer transactions in a twelve-month period will be removed from the plan and may be ineligible for reinstatement. Automated payment plans shall terminate upon payment of the final bill and can be terminated at any time upon the written request of the customer.
**Customers paying with 'reward' types of credit cards will be removed from Online Bill Pay. Online Bill Pay available to residential (Rate A) and small business (Rate B) customers only.
***Account must be current to enroll in the Equal Payment Plan. The amount of the Equal Payment Plan shall be reviewed periodically but at least annually with adjustments to the amount as deemed necessary. CBPU reserves the right to terminate the Equal Payment Plan for parties who do not comply with the terms of the written agreement.
Customer Service Department
1 Grand Street
Coldwater, MI 49036