- Your Government
- Municipal Services
- Yard Waste & Brush Pickup
Yard Waste & Brush Pick-Up
Brush collection (PDF) runs from April through October. To ensure your brush is picked up follow these helpful tips:
- Brush needs to be out by the first Monday of the month as crews start the process of collection around the City. The crew may take up to three weeks to reach all homes. If your brush hasn't been picked up by then, please contact us.
- Place brush on the curb with the cut end facing the street.
- Larger brush piles may require special pickup. A separate truck will be sent to pickup larger piles.
- If the first Monday is a holiday, the collection will begin on Tuesday.
Yard Waste Pick-Up
Bagged Yard waste collection happens annually from April through October. Residents can place their yard waste in paper bags at the curb for collection every Monday through the end of October. If Monday is a holiday, the collection will begin on Tuesday. To ensure that your yard waste is picked up, please follow these helpful tips:
- Use paper bags for grass clippings, leaves, and small sticks only. Bags should be able to picked up (they should be a reasonable weight).
- Place bags on the curb (out of the street)
- Have bagged yard waste on the curb every Monday
- Call the City of Coldwater with any questions regarding the collection. You can call the City at (517) 279-9501.
- Use plastic bags to bag yard waste
- Place bags in the street
- Place large root balls or rocks on the curb or in yard bags
- Blow leftover or cut grass into the street
Leaf collection is dependent on the weather but generally begins late fall. To ensure your yard waste and brush is picked up follow these helpful tips:
- Bagged leaves (must be bagged in paper, plastic will not be accepted) need to be out by the first Monday of the month as crews start collection around the City. If bagged leaves haven't been picked up by the start of the third week, please contact us.
- During the fall leaf pickup season, leaves may be placed in the roadway in most areas, excluding Marshall Street, Division Street and East and West Chicago Street.
- If the first Monday is a holiday, leaf collection will begin on Tuesday.
Don’t Want to Wait for Brush Collection?
You may also drop off brush and bagged yard waste Monday through Friday from 8am-4:00pm or Saturday 9am-2pm (Saturday is April-November ONLY) at the Compost Site (PDF) located at 45 Industrial Avenue.
General Rules for Brush and Leaf Collection
No root systems are allowed and the brush is to be 8 inches or less in diameter. Place in the curb lawn area with ends facing the same direction.
All yard waste must be placed in paper bags. No plastic bags will be accepted. Grass, leaves and yard waste must not be placed on the street. Do not place brush around trees, sign posts or power poles. Leaf pickup is the only time anything is allowed to be placed in the roadway. Check the City's website or local media for dates of these pickups.
This service is not intended to replace private contracting of tree and brush removal. The contractor is responsible for the removal of the brush limbs or other material resulting from tree trimming or pruning.