Yard Waste & Brush Pick-Up
Yard Waste Pick-Up
Bagged Yard waste collection happens annually from April through October. Residents can place their yard waste in paper bags at the curb for collection every Monday through the end of October. If Monday is a holiday, the collection will begin on Tuesday. To ensure that your yard waste is picked up, please follow these helpful tips:
- Use paper bags for grass clippings, leaves, and small sticks only.
- Place bags on the curb (out of the street)
- Have bagged yard waste on the curb every Monday
- Call the City of Coldwater with any questions regarding brush collection. You can call the City at (517) 279-9501.
- Use plastic bags to bag yard waste
- Place bags in the street
- Place large root balls or rocks on the curb or in yard bags
- Blow leftover or cut grass into the street
Leaf collection is dependent on the weather but generally begins late fall. To ensure your yard waste and brush is picked up follow these helpful tips:
- Bagged leaves (must be bagged in paper, plastic will not be accepted) need to be out by the first Monday of the month as crews start collection around the City. If bagged leaves haven't been picked up by the start of the third week, please contact us.
- During the fall leaf pickup season, leaves may be placed in the roadway in most areas, excluding Marshall Street, Division Street and East and West Chicago Street.
- If the first Monday is a holiday, leaf collection will begin on Tuesday.
Don’t Want to Wait for Brush Collection?
You may also drop off brush and bagged yard waste Monday through Friday from 8am-4:00pm or Saturday 9am-2pm (Saturday is April-November ONLY) at the Compost Site (PDF) located at 45 Industrial Avenue.
General Rules for Brush and Leaf Collection
No root systems are allowed and the brush is to be 8 inches or less in diameter. Place in the curb lawn area with ends facing the same direction.
All yard waste must be placed in paper bags. No plastic bags will be accepted. Grass, leaves and yard waste must not be placed on the street. Do not place brush around trees, sign posts or power poles. Leaf pickup is the only time anything is allowed to be placed in the roadway. Check the City's website or local media for dates of these pickups.
This service is not intended to replace private contracting of tree and brush removal. The contractor is responsible for the removal of the brush limbs or other material resulting from tree trimming or pruning.