Pay Options & Billing Assistance
Automatic Bill PayThe most convenient way to pay with the CBPU!
Accounts on Autopay
- Receive a regular monthly billing statement showing the amount due, the due date, and monthly utility usage.
- Have their monthly payment withdrawn from their checking or savings account on the due date of the bill, eliminating the worry of being late and remembering different websites and passwords to make a payment.
- Pay on time, in a recurring manner, making life a little easier to balance.
Pay in PersonWe are located at 1 Grand Street in the Henry L. Brown Municipal Building - just north of the intersection of Chicago Street and Marshall Street in the center of the City of Coldwater.
Equal Payment PlanThe equal payment program shall be available to eligible automatic bill pay customers when a history of usage and payments, for any service location, has been established. All arrears on accounts must be current at the time of the agreement. The budget plan shall be reviewed periodically but at least annually. Adjustments to budget payments may be made as deemed necessary.
Online Bill PayMake payments with your credit or debit card from the comfort of your home. Payments options are available at the Online Payment Center. Here are some important things to remember:
- If possible, please use a checking/routing number to pay through PSN.
- Only residential customers and small business accounts are allowed to pay through PSN using a credit card.
- Autopay is the easiest way to pay your utility bill hassle-free without any fees.
COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA)
The COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) program is a new program providing rent and utility assistance to households experiencing financial hardships due to COVID-19. The Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA), which is administering this program, began accepting applications on March 15, 2021.
The program provides up to 12 months of past-due rental assistance, three months of prospective rent, and past-due residential utility services, including electric, gas, water, sewer, and garbage services. Applicants may also have access to a $300 internet stipend if qualified.