Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
In accordance with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ recommendations designed to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Executive Order 2020-48, replacing Executive Order 2020-15, both of which declared that public bodies subject to the Open Meetings Act may use telephone or video conferencing technology to meet and conduct business, the City of Coldwater City Council will hold a Regular Meeting via telephone conferencing at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, April 27, 2020, for purpose of conducting such business that comes before the Council. For current and up-to-date information regarding the coronavirus, visit:
http://www.Michigan.gov/Coronavirus or http://www.CDC.gov/Coronavirus.
Members of the public wishing to participate in the meeting through electronic means will have access to the meeting through the following methods:
For individuals who may wish to give public comment, the method for providing public comment during this remote-participation meeting is to call the following toll-free numbers: 1-888-475-4499 or 1-877-853-5257 (Meeting ID: 870 6220 6838) A Participant ID is not required.
Callers wishing to give public comment may call in before the meeting starts and wait in a “virtual waiting room.” These instructions will be included in every official published agenda of the City Council. Those calling in will be able to hear the audio of the City Council meeting, yet their microphone will be muted. Callers who do not wish to give public comment are encouraged to view the meeting live-streamed on YouTube at, bit.ly/ColdwaterVideo and also on Skitter Channel 61.
The following are the procedures by which persons may contact members of the public body to provide input or ask questions about any business that will come before it.
• To help meeting flow and organization, and consistent with Council procedures, all public comment will be taken during public comment periods at the beginning of the meeting and again at the end of the meeting.
• Phone-in audience: To make a public comment during a public comment period, press *9 on a touchtone phone or keypad. When called upon, please state your name and express your interest.
• The time limit for an individual’s public comments shall remain 5 minutes.
• You may even access the meeting’s agenda online.
If you would like to contact City Council about any matter, on the agenda or otherwise, please do so via the email addresses below by 3:30 pm prior to the meeting:
• Mayor Tom Kramer: email@example.com
• Mayor Pro Tem Randall Hazelbaker: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 1st Ward Councilmember Emily Rissman: email@example.com
• 1st Ward Councilmember Travis Machan: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2nd Ward Councilmember Chad Johnson: email@example.com
• 2nd Ward Councilmember Jim Knaack: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 3rd Ward Councilmember Michael Beckwith: email@example.com
• 3rd Ward Councilmember John Petzko: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 4th Ward Councilmember Scott Houtz: email@example.com
• City Manager Keith Baker: firstname.lastname@example.org
• City Clerk Susan Heath: email@example.com
The City of Coldwater will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids such as YouTube viewing of the meeting complete with Closed Captioning. If other aids and services are needed for individuals with disabilities please contact the City Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical support for this meeting is available by calling the CBPU Help Desk at 517-279-1330.