The City of Coldwater and Arts Alive have developed a community-directed program to transform an existing 12’ high by 80’ wide blank concrete exterior wall into an inspiring display of public art. The resulting mural will enhance the wall at the Rotary Splash Pad at Heritage Park. To engage the community in the project design, art work submitted for the mural will be juried to determine three finalists which will then be presented for a community-wide vote.
Artists interested in impacting our community by transforming the winning design into an exciting mural are requested to submit a complete proposal at http://tibbits.org/pressreleases/designs-wanted-for-rotary-splash-pad-mural/
- Artist must use the design chosen in its entirety. Any modifications in the design will be subject to approval by the project committee.
- Artwork must conform to the dimensions of the wall 12’ high by 80’ wide using the majority of the wall.
- Artwork should be made with high quality paint to require little to no maintenance
- The surface of the wall is cinderblock.
- Work will begin in April of 2019 and must be completed by June 03, 2019
- Opportunities to further engage the community in any portion of the creation of the art are encouraged and should be defined in the proposal.
- Project budget should be detailed and include materials, labor, travel, other expenses. A contingency may be included
Submission and Consideration Bid/Proposal forms may be located at City Hall (1 Grand Street, Coldwater, MI 49036), or online by CLICKING HERE. Questions regarding the Request For Proposal should be directed to Keith Baker at [email protected] or Shauna Chavez at [email protected] at the city of Coldwater.
The Rotary Splash Pad Mural Project is co-sponsored by the City of Coldwater and Arts Alive, a division of the Tibbits Opera Foundation & Arts Council. Arts Alive’s goal is to provide an outlet to facilitate education, growth, and an appreciation for arts and culture in all forms.