In the Community
Community Outreach Guidelines
CBPU’s commitment to service goes well beyond supplying safe and reliable utility services to its customers. As a community-owned, local utility, we work to advance the sustainability and prosperity of the Coldwater area.
We believe there is nothing more powerful than strong communities, and we welcome opportunities to have a positive and lasting impact on the quality of life for those we serve. To that end, CBPU will participate in and/or support activities and events that advance both a public purpose and the corporate objectives of CBPU.
If your organization or group is interested in receiving financial or in-kind support through our Sponsorship Program, please complete and submit the online Community Outreach Request at least 60 days prior to the date of the event or activity. If you prefer, you may download the form and mail to:
CBPU Customer Outreach Request
ATTN: Jodi Shook
One Grand Street
Coldwater, MI 49036
Your request will be evaluated based on the details you provide and how closely your request fits with our major initiatives. It will also be compared to other similar requests to help evaluate best value. Several factors influence funding decisions, including available budget and resources and the benefits to CBPU and its customers.
- Environmental Stewardship - Consistent with CBPU’s environmental policies, we will support environmental programs that seek solutions to environmental concerns and protect and preserve our natural resources.
- Education - CBPU recognizes that education is a foundation for both personal and community growth and supports educational programs of schools (K-12) and institutions of higher learning in the Coldwater area.
- Key Accounts – We support activities to recruit and retain commercial/industrial customers.
- Economic Development - CBPU supports local chambers of commerce and economic development organizations, along with their efforts to increase the number and quality of available jobs.
- Quality of Life – We encourage and support activities/events that advance sustainability and prosperity in the Coldwater area.
Coldwater Board of Public Utilities cannot accept requests for the following:
- Political organizations or candidates for political office
- Organizations that discriminate against any group or individual
- Programs that promote or endorse a specific religious affiliation
- Activities, organizations or causes which do not advance a public purpose and CBPU’s corporate objectives
- Events where our participation could potentially imply support or opposition to some social, religious, or political cause
Applications will be reviewed monthly. Funding will not be automatically renewed or guaranteed from year to year. All requests will be evaluated by the Office of the Executive Director. The CBPU Board may also review certain requests.
Direct questions to Jodi Shook, Customer Service Manager