CBPU Chooses Metersense & Customerconnect
The CBPU chose MeterSense and CustomerConnect in order to Streamline Business Processes and Engage High Volume Consumers in Conservation.
The Coldwater Board of Public Utilities has chosen MeterSense and CustomerConnect, Harris Utilities' meter data management (MDM) solution and customer engagement solution (CES), to enhance its engineering, billing and service processes and encourage further consumers involvement in key conservation programs.
MeterSense is an advanced MDM solution that transforms raw meter data into valuable business intelligence and enables utilities to improve business process and enhance customer service. CustomerConnect is a web based data presentment tool that enables consumers to access and interpret their consumption patterns, which helps them make smarter choices about resource use, reduce their bills and support utility conservation goals.
View the full Press Release (PDF).
The engineering department serves both the City of Coldwater and the Board of Public Utilities.
- Surveying public boundaries and right of way.
- Preservation of maps and records concerning City boundaries, right of way, streets, public places and public utility infrastructure.
- Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Develop, update and maintain drawings, maps, plans and specifications for all public improvements, buildings, grounds and utility infrastructure.
- Public storm water system engineering.
- Streets and sidewalks.
- Traffic control.
- Parcel development planning and site plan review.
- Electric utility generation, transmission and distribution.
- Water treatment and distribution engineering.
- Wastewater collection and treatment engineering.
- Capital project management and engineering.
- Utility and special permitting.
- Review of private interconnections to public systems; water, wastewater, storm water and electric.