The CBPU currently services electricity to over 6,875 residential, commercial, industrial and street lighting customers. Being a Public Power provider, we ensure safe, reliable, competitive and efficient utility products and services.
Local Customer Service
To start, stop or change your service, please call our Customer Service Department
at 517-279-9531. We're available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or come to our office at One Grand Street.
CBPU electric bills are read each month and billed based off of actual usage. The charges on an electricity bill are as follows:
- Electric Base Fee - Minimum fee to service your account
- Electric Tax - Residential accounts are billed 4% and business accounts are billed 6% electric tax
- Electric Usage - Charges are billed per kilowatt hour used
- Energy Optimization Fee - As required by Public Act 295 (PA 295)
- Power Cost Adjustment - An adjustment made on your electric bill, dependent upon what the true cost of power is from MSCPA
Report It - Powerlines Are Down On My Street
Electric Safety is our top priority. Remember to never touch a downed power line. If you see downed line please call 517-279-9531 immediately! To report a power outage, please call 517-279-9531, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.