Absentee / Military & Overseas Civilian Voters
Absentee ballots are made available for every election through your local clerk's office. To qualify for an absentee ballot, you must be a registered voter and complete the reason portion of the form to declare why you are requesting an absentee ballot.
- 60 years of age or older
- Physically unable to attend the polls without assistance of another
- An appointed precinct worker in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside
- Expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day
- Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion
- Cannot attend the polls due to the confinement to jail awaiting arraignment or trial
1 Grand Street
Coldwater, MI 49036
Military & Overseas Civilian Voters
Register to Vote/Obtain an Absent Voter Ballot
Go to the Federal Voting Assistance Program website, download and complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). The FPCA can also be used to obtain an absent voter ballot by email, fax or regular mail.
Discounted Mailing Costs
Go to the Overseas Vote Foundation website. Click on "Express Your Vote" and follow instructions. Important note: Only those voters covered under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) are eligible to use the Federal Post Card Application Form (FPCA) and receive an absentee ballot by email or fax.
Covered voters include:
- A member of a uniformed service on active duty who is absent from his or her city or township of residence. (Voter can be inside or outside the United States.)
- A member of the Merchant Marine who, by reason of service in the Merchant Marine, is absent from his or her city or township of residence. (Voter can be inside or outside the United States.)
- A spouse or dependent of a member of a uniformed service or a member of the Merchant Marine who, by reason of the active duty or service of the member, is absent from his or her city or township of residence. (Voter can be inside or outside the United States.)
- A civilian voter who is outside the United States and is eligible to vote in Michigan.